Wednesday, October 15, 2008

StarDrift Chanllege, Round 3, Melaka

On a sizzling hot Sunday afternoon, I went shooting "Star Drift Chanllege" motor sport with my photo buddies. As this was my first time shooting car drifting, the followings are some of the advises from my photo buddies: Set to Shutter Priority, start with shutter speed 1/60 sec, and wear a pair of shoe and prepare to run in case of "Spin-out".

Initially, I was wondering what they meant, but when I reached the race track, I started to understand what they meant, as we were standing in the middle of the race track, and the cars were drifting at an estimated distance of 50m from us. No wonder that we need to prepare to run.

So, it proved again what photographer does for the sake of art and documenting the event.

Just in case, you do not know what is a "Spin Out", the following photo shown what happened after a car was spin-out from the race track and end up in front of a group of people that were watching the race. When the car started "flying" toward you, you just need to run - "FAST"

#1. After a "Spin Out"

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Raymond!

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Really interesting car/racing shots you have here! Catch you soon! Keep snapping! Warmest, Jenny.