Friday, April 10, 2009

Formula One in Malaysia 2009 (Part 1)

After all these years of thinking of go to the F1 races (Thinking a lot is because of the expensive F1 tickets), finally, I get to go to this year with a working pass. (Yipee!!)

So, here comes Sunday (5 April), woke up early, double-checked my Canon and lens were in order, asked my wife to drop me off at KL Sental, and I caught the Skybus to the Sepang International Circuit (SIC). I reached SIC before 12:00pm, and the crowd had just started to arrive and slowly moving into the Mall Area.

Took my camera out and started shooting, as my job was to capture the activities happened in the event.

#1. Smiles! You can see happy faces everywhere snapping photo to bring home their happy memories. (Click image for larger view)


#2. F1 Shirts… F!1 Caps … So, which team are you supporting???


#3. The Petronas Girl


#4. The Marlboro Promoters


#5. They came from all around the world to support their team. Sweden.

#6. Not too sure which country. May be someone can let me know?


#7. South Africa supporter


#8. F1 Drivers Autograph Session : ING Renault F1 Team (1)


#9. F1 Drivers Autograph Session : ING Renault F1 Team (2)


#10. Throwing his cap to the crowd


#11. Singing “ We will we will rock you…”


#12. An enthusiasm fan


#13. More F1 Drivers Autograph Session: Toro Rosso Team (1)


While the atmosphere just started to build up with the crowd cheering and shouting for their team, the rain came again. I told myself I am not going to get “soak” again, so I quickly headed for shelter. (On my way back home from SIC last night, I was caught and I was standing under the heavy rain for half an hour without any shelter. Well, this is another story, you probably do not want to know ... )

#14. Waiting for the rain to stop


At around 2 p.m., the rain started to cease, the GP2 Asia A1 race started. Check out how wet the track was.

#15.


#16.


#17.


#18.


#19.


#20. F1 Drivers Track Parade (I heard last year they were sitting in the Vintage Cars, but this year, they were all in the bus, I guess, the economic crisis is really hitting the globe.)


Stay tune for PART 2 ...

No comments: